Monday, January 11, 2010

Butterfly cards with new Sentimentals cartridge.


I received a few new cartridges the other day and what better thing to do in the winter than to play with them?  I was immediately drawn to the butterfly.  Very swirly and pretty.  This black and white card was done for a couple celebrating their 75th anniversary.  I can't imagine 75 years of togetherness.  Wow!  So I used my scor-pal on this to emboss it--it's an elegant look with the mini pearls.  The butterfly is made from flocked paper, and of course it's all made from scraps!  But I also did a more colorful one.

                                    

This one is also mostly from scraps.  I did have to cut into a fresh sheet of the green color (and oh, it felt so good!  It's been so long since I've done that, with me trying to use up scraps!).  I scored this one also and added pale green pearls.  I used a ticket punch in the corners for a little something different.  This one is going to my chemo card buddy.  Next I'm going to play with my new Heritage cart!  Good stuff on that one-can't wait!  Thanks for taking a peek!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Ramona, they are both just gorgeous! I have to say I'm partial to the black/white, as it is so dramitic, and just perfect for the young couple of 75 years. They have my blessing for all those years together. You are doing great at using up your scraps, who would have known?

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh so pretty! Especially love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Esp the black and white one. So stylish :)

    What an achievement that is, beeing together for 75 years! That really is growing old together isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Ramona. They are both beautiful but the black and white one just knocks it out of the park. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ramona, I almost missed this.. I love them both, but I think the black and white is so elegant looking..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I just love these butterflies!!!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the idea! I used this idea with a couple of my own twists to make a sympathy card for a friend.

    ReplyDelete