Thursday, January 7, 2010

A couple scrappy cards


As anyone on the cricut message board knows by now, I've made a serious commitment to use up that endless pile of scraps.  I'm really itching to cut into a fresh whole sheet of paper.  Remember those early school days when you had a brand new box of crayons?  All the tips were sharp, the paper was still on, none were broken, that fresh waxy smell--ahhhhhh.  Well, a fresh new sheet of paper is just like that.  But I'm not using any.  I'm trying to be creative with my scraps and make do the best I can.  For this card I used all scraps and also dipped into some unused stash.  I have a lot of unused stash so I think I'll make more cards just like this one.  Not a fancy card but I think it has a cute simplicity about it.  It also was much quicker to make than the next one.



This one is also from scraps.  My objective here was to use pattern paper scraps, which I really have a hard time with.  This card is for a woman who loves green, so I picked papers with green in them and hoped they would somehow blend together.  I shadowed the flower petals and doodled on them.  Not my fav card colorwise, but it did use a ton of scraps and I like the style so will do more of these.  So the scrap pile IS starting to shrink and soon I'm going to reward myself by cutting into a thick, untarnished, glorious 12 x 12 sheet of paper with unbridled glee.  See how easy I am to please?  Thanks for taking a peek!

7 comments:

  1. That is great that you are getting rid of some of those scraps... I am trying to, but I am also cutting into fresh new sheet of paper alot... I love both of these, but I love the petal card.. Was is a cricut cartridge that you used for the flower???? Very cute. I am so glad to see you posting on your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card...so beautiful with all the different petals...saved it for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave a lot of my scraps to my sister, along with some nice papers, she tears, bends and stamps on all sizes, but I love what you did with your scraps!
    we are getting snow dumped on us also!
    enjoy
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  4. really love the petal one. That is actually my colorscheme that you used :) So you did a good job hahaha! Its great to see how you use your scrap pieces. I should do that more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards! Love them both! What a great way to use your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Way to get rid of your scraps! I need to do that too...

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colors are so much attractive and looks very pretty on these cards thanks for posting

    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete