Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learning something new--tri-fold shutter card




Well, they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I must not be that old after all since I'm learning how to do tri-fold shutter cards.  Now, it did take me the better part of the day to make this, what with looking at tutorials online and getting ideas and deciding on papers.  I took it slow and careful because this is for my chemo buddy and I wanted it to be nice.  So it did take awhile, but it was sooo much fun to do and not nearly as difficult as they look.  Future tri-folds will go much quicker, I'm sure (maybe not--I'm pretty picky!).  Anyhow, it's not perfect but I'm still happy with my first attempt.  First off, I used the prettiest papers I had--Webster's Pages mat stack.  There's no beating Webster's Pages for sheer Victorian/girly/swirly/lush beauty.  (DCWV Mariposa may come close.  I'll find out when those 2 stacks I ordered come in!).  The cameo on the front is from Heritage and I layered that on some nesties.  For the inside, I cut a tag from Sentimentals and stamped with a Studio G stamp.  I inked the edges.  Doesn't that go great in that spot with the flowers and music?  Added a few mini pearls and fibers, and that's all this pretty paper needed.  And there's hardly any scraps left over since these papers are double sided and I used both sides!  How did I do?  Thanks for taking a peek!

8 comments:

  1. Yep! I do think this is one of the prettiest trifolds I've seen! The Cameo is perfect on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you did just perfect. I love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is soooooooo great! I love making trifold cards like this :) It gives you so many little area's to put pretty things on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this is one of the most beautiful trifolds I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is GORGEOUS! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! A wonderful first tri-fold card!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a beautiful card! I haven't tried one of these they look ery complicated! Wobderful work!
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I tired one of these once and decided it was too much trouble, I just couldn't get the fold right. Yours is perfect!

    ReplyDelete