Friday, January 29, 2010

A few sweet little Valentines

Apparently, the last few days I've been working on Valentines.  I didn't know this until I looked back at what I was making and saw there was a heart theme going on!  And now that I think of it, they all feature my new Doodlecharms cartridge.  It's such a sweet cart, it's made me let my hair down and for once just do CUTE!  So this one here started as an experiment.  I was playing with my ink blending tool and seeing how it would look with the embossing folders.  It worked well with this folder so I added some Doodlecharms hearts and a punched border.  Now it's a Valentine for one of my grandaughters.


This little puppy from Doodlecharms is a "just because" card for my 2 year old granddaughter.  She loves getting her own mail and thanked me profusedly when I sent her a card this past week.  Nothin' fancy here but a toddler sure can appreciate a puppy and sparkly pink hearts!

                                              
This was a fun one for my chemo buddy.  I'm just letting her know I'm thinking of her, and I think this conveys that.  Doodlecharms for the mailbox, my ever fav A Child's Year for the grass, and envelopes done by hand.  I stamped some hearts and added just a touch of stickles.  This took awhile with all the paper piecing but I enjoyed doing it for her.

And a BIG thank you to all the congrats I had for having some mentions in the "CHIRP".  I had 1 last week, and 2 cards mentioned this week.  Just lucky I had a few new carts and they were featuring those, but it was a fun 5 seconds of fame!  LOL!  Thanks for taking a peek!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, these are so sweet Ramona! I know your DGD is going to love all those hearts. It is nice to do something different for a change, I think it clears your mind and makes you think out of the box. Love all three my friend.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards you made, yet again :):) It's always a pleasure to come on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ramona, you do cute really, really well. Love all three cards. Add my congrats to your Chirp debut. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards! How did you ink the embossing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all three of these. You did a fabulous job inking the embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet Valentines! The recipients will LOVE them!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete