Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Postcard-card using Sentimentals


Sentimentals has some cool images on it that kind of intimidate me because I'm afraid I can't do them justice.  But today this postcard cut just caught my eye and I had to give it a shot.  I cut the postcard out at 4", stamp at 1", and the bird at 2".  (The brown, pink, and green pattern paper are all scraps--yah, me!).  The 5 cents was cut from Printing Press.  Once I had the postcard done, I mounted it on a brown card and added a few flowers.  Oh, and the inking--do you love it?  I learned this inking technique from Marti and ordered the supplies from her.  This was my 1st time trying it and I was really happy with how it looks.  You can see her video here:
Excellent tutorial and has changed my way of inking!
And here's a card I made yesterday:


This little card uses Stretch Your Imagination.  This cart is also pretty new to me so I haven't used it much yet.  But I like these funky tall flowers, and my colors from my scrap box just seemed to all line up like the stars.  Very simple card, although those stems are only thick as a hair and can be a bit picky to work with.  So that's what I've been up to lately.  Thanks for taking a peek!

3 comments:

  1. Well Ramona, I just can't see anything intimidating you... it turned out just beautiful. And those stems do look a little tricky, but you did a super job with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really love it! The postcard one is amazing :) And you did great with the inking. I always think that inking makes your card stand out more! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that postcard, beautiful job. That is the next cart on my list :)

    ReplyDelete