Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Very Victorian Birthday


Here's a sweet little card I whipped up in just a matter of hours (gotcha--you thought I'd say minutes) for an elderly woman celebrating her birthday.  I love this color combination and was really happy with the way the cameo and frame from Heritage turned out.  The scor-bug made for a great background.  My problem was that annoying, uncooperative little swirly corner cut.  OMGosh!  I'm sure I spent at least an hour or more trying to get just one decent cut!  I tried every thickness of paper with every speed and depth combination on my cricut.  I replaced the needle, I re-stickied my mat.  I blessed the machine and I cursed it.  It just does not like this cut.  I wasted so much time and paper on that corner and developed a few new wrinkles and gray hairs because of it!  So I had to make due with the best I could get.  Thank goodness for pretty Primas!  Thanks for taking a peek!


9 comments:

  1. Oh Ramona, this is gorgeous hun! I love the elegant and soft colors you used. A perfect card for an elderly woman. Don't you hope we can receive such a beautiful card when we reach the ripe old age? Lol, I adore everything about this one including the flourish which gave you gray hairs....LOL, Love It!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a beautiful card. Did you ever try to multicut the funtion? I found the same problem with some of the intricate cuts on Love Struck. Once I cut the image twice in the same place it came out like butter. Thanks for sharing.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow wow wow, what a beautiful card! I opened your blog and actually shouted Oh wow to my screen hahahaha!!

    Ahyes, precious cricut does not always do what we want :( My problem often seems to be that cricut decides to tear the paper in iffy little bits instead of cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! Gorgeous! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you did the background! I have those scorebugs... somewhere. The cameo is just beautiful! The swirly corner cut looks beautiful! Never would have know it was misbehaving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I so understand your frustration with certain cricut cuts. I yelled at my poor bug one day but in the end, I ended up with the cut I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just to beautiful... you are so darn creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, this is one seriously gorgeous card! I am really loving your "quilted" backgrounds. Very, very creative and very clever. I always love looking at your creations. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! And so elegant! I love it!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning. I LOVE what you did with the background!

    ReplyDelete